WELLYOUSAYTHAT ALBUM LIFE LIST


Having recently celebrated a significant birthday I pondered on the music that had been important to me over the years. In terms of favourite songs and records the list would be impossible to arrange so I thought I would choose albums from over the course of my listening life that I have enjoyed and still find to be good coherent albums; not just a selection of songs thrown together. Many of my favourite performers have not produced a whole albums worth of quality even if they have unleashed single perfection, with this in mind I have tried to restrict these choices to one of each type of musical genre/theme and only one album per artist. I have also avoided the obvious where possible. So here it is my life list ten in alphabetical order…today’s version anyway
First album I ever owned (it was a present)
everybody wants to be a cat
First album I ever bought with my own pocket money
I won't let it 'appen 'agen

Brother Sister-The Brand New heavies
Hounds of love- Kate Bush
Innervisions-Stevie Wonder
Midnight love-Marvin Gaye
Never mind the bollocks here’s the Sex Pistols-Sex pistols
The Night fly- Donald Fagin
Remain in light-Talking Heads
The Scream- Siouxsie & the Banshees
Violator-Depeche Mode
We are family- Sister Sledge
third world girl
spend some time
personal Jesus
submission
cloudbusting
overground (orchestral)
one more time
don't you worry about a thing
born under punches
new frontier

Comments

WELLYOULIKEDTHAT