MY HIT LIST # 38 Pesto


I’m not middle class or trendy, despite what the papers say, but I have to tell you that I do like Pesto. Yes Pesto. I’m not talking about the hand made mortar and pestle organic ingredients River farm variety; I’m talking about the stuff in a jar.

It’s simples, as the Meerkats say; Pasta in the pan, boil, drain, unscrew jar with a satisfying Pkloink sound, bosh it in, mix it , bowl fork, black pepper, dash of Parmesan there you go.

I find a Moretti compliments this quick fix dish, mostly because it has the old moustachioed Italian chap on the bottle.

This Genoa originated sauce; Pesto alla Genovese, is more than a sauce and also less than. It is its own thing. It not only is an easy meal it’s emergency cupboard filler like Baked Beans.

When it comes to a quick meal just say ‘Hey Pesto!’

Comments

  1. Nigella championed Pesto Genovese on TV this week. Until I read your piece I thought it was somehow connected to mafia Don Vito Genovese!
    But I'm sure he enjoyed it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

having said that;

WELLYOULIKEDTHAT