Thursday, 21 October 2010
Death by a thousand cuts
I recognise that parts of the north where industry has suffered over the years jobs are hard to come by. But in London? No way!
The cuts being imposed from today’s announcements will effect local government, which is viewed as a haven for the under talented. That may be the case in certain areas but, and here’s the thing of it; there are a lot of people working in local government who are actively vocational about helping others. Helping other human beings from the very young to the very olds. That’s another fact.
There is an argument that says you make your choice you take your chance, which is partly true but not choosing to make six figure salaries in the city in order to make a difference is now going to be actually penalised.
The word cut is emotive. What it actually means is throwing people out of their jobs. Getting rid of people that actually give a shit about others. At the same time those who choose to leech off the system will be unaffected. Given that they don't want to improve their lot they won't miss those people who's job it is to care. The people who want help and actually need support in sorting themselves out will miss out though.
We may end up with less people who care and even more people who couldn’t care less.
- ► 2015 (23)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (285)
- ► 2011 (397)
- HAPPY HALOWEEN
- Wecan be heroes # 2 Paulie
- We can be Heroes # 1 Buddy Love
- NAUGHTY NAZI DOUBLE BILL # 2 - Ilsa She Wolf of th...
- NASTY NAZI DOUBLE BILL # 1 - 5 para el infierno (F...
- MY HIT LIST # 34 The Sopranos
- Christian Bale-Mr Angry
- MY HIT LIST # 33 Archie Bell and the Drells-Strate...
- MY HIT LIST #32 Pie and Mash
- MY HIT LIST#31 the Natural History Museum
- JACOBS CREEP
- Death by a thousand cuts
- Pretty Vacant
- Hello Honky Tonks
- MY HIT LIST # 29 SE7EN opening credits
- MY HIT LIST #28 Routemaster bus
- MY HIT LIST # 27 Paul Smith socks
- MY HIT LIST # 26 Liza Minnelli in New York New Yor...
- MY HIT LIST # 25 Symphony in Slang
- The only way is Upper street
- All hail the Dweeb!
- Banned Books
- Public Information Fear
- UP WEST
- MY HIT LIST #23 ain't no mountain high enough
- MY HIT LIST # 22 The young Elizabeth Taylor
- MY HIT LIST #21 Cohiba Robusto
- Unlikely couples
- Carole King and James Taylor live at the troubadou...
- MY HIT LIST # 20 Robert DeNiro
- WELLTHEYSAIDTHAT-ANIMAL HOUSE
- Each Dawn I Die
- watching paint dry
- ▼ October (35)